Gaia GPS: Hiking, Offroad Maps
Plan, navigate, and stay safer in the woods. Topo maps and trails for hikers.
I was introduced by TrailBehind Inc. developer, Gaia GPS: Hiking, Offroad Maps is a Maps & navigation app on the Android platform. The current version is 2020.6 released on June 29, 2020. This app has over 585.7 thousand downloads and 2.9 thousand votes. The rating is 4.1 stars, you can check the details below.Navigate, track, and explore with Gaia GPS. Millions of people worldwide use Gaia GPS maps to backpack, hike, hunt, camp, ski, and explore the backroads.
Gaia GPS has been featured in countless publications, including Outside, Backpacker, Trail Runner, and the New York Times.
Gaia GPS is first and foremost a backpacking app. View your route using comprehensive topo maps and backpacking map layers, plus up-to-date weather forecast overlays. Then, use the intelligent routing tools to plan trips, mark campsites and points of interest, and measure distance, altitude, and elevation change.
►► Day Hiking
Both a hiking navigation app and a platform for finding hikes, Gaia GPS helps you discover your next adventure. You can also create your own tracks, leave reviews, and contribute to the community-sourced hike database.
Gaia GPS is the most comprehensive hunting app on the market. Build custom hunting maps by cross-referencing game management units with public and private land parcels. Then, get deep into the wilderness to find solitude, even on opening day, with the Roadless and Roadless/Trailless overlays.
►► Camping and Overlanding
A camping app with weather forecasts, public land data, and community-sourced camping beta, Gaia GPS helps you find a campsite anywhere. View dispersed camping areas on the Public Land overlay, and leave waypoints to create custom camping maps. Reference road maps and MVUMs to plot overland, 4x4, or off-roading routes.
►► Backcountry Skiing and Mountaineering
Apply slope-angle shading and 24-, 48-,and 72-hour Snowfall and Precipitation Forecast overlays to create custom backcountry skiing maps, plan tours, and avoid avalanche terrain. Gaia GPS is the best skiing app for staying safe deep in the backcountry.
►► Mountain Biking
Go farther, faster by mounting Gaia GPS to your handlebars for hands-free navigation. Access mountain biking trail maps on both public and private land with the best mountain biking app on the market.
►► Professional Use: Firefighters, Search and Rescue teams, Land Manager, GIS Techs, and Guides
Gaia GPS is the preferred nav app for outdoor professionals. Quickly route to GPS coordinates, view recent wildfires, and share maps, tracks, and waypoints with your team to get boots on the ground faster. Guides can mark routes, campsites, and water sources, and share hard-to-find approaches and descents with clients and fellow guides.
►► Membership Levels
Free Level - You'll be limited to the default map source, and you won't be able to download maps for offline use.
Member Level - As a Member, you can download a worldwide catalog of topo, road, and satellite maps.
Premium Member Level - As a Premium Member, you also get access to these map sources:
• NatGeo Trails Illustrated (including Appalachian Trail, Colorado Trail, and John Muir Trail maps)
• ESRI World Satellite Imagery
• NOAA weather forecasts
• US Private Land Ownership (including owner names and addresses for parcels)
• US Hunting Layers (including GMUs, public land, and recent fires)
• US Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUMs)
• France IGN
• Swiss Topo
• Backroads Mapbooks Canada
• Hill-shading, contour-line, slope-angle, and other overlays
► To manage your subscription:
• TURN OFF auto-renewal: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7018481
• Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your Google Play account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours of the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Your Google Play Account will be charged at confirmation of purchase.
* What’s New dialog on update with release notes
* Create and edit areas
* When creating new map downloads, existing downloads now show with labels
* Center map on bottom third of screen in heading lock mode
* Separate Route and Track overlays
* Crash when editing track from Saved tab
* Issue importing some areas from KML
You may also like these apps
- 2020-07-02onX Hunt: Hunting Maps, Offline GPS/Nav & Weather
- 2020-07-03Polaris GPS Navigation: Hiking, Marine, Offroad
- 2020-03-04BackCountry Navigator TOPO GPS PRO
- 2020-07-03Avenza Maps - Offline Mapping
- 2020-07-04HuntStand: Hunting Maps, GPS Tools, Weather
- 2020-02-23BackCountry Nav Topo Maps GPS - DEMO
- 2020-06-26AllTrails: Hiking, Running & Mountain Bike Trails
- 2019-12-19US Topo Maps Free
- 2020-05-15BackCountry Navigator XE: Outdoor GPS App (New)
- 2020-06-15BaseMap: Hunting & Fishing GPS Navigation Maps
- 2020-07-01ViewRanger: Trail Maps for Hiking, Biking, Skiing
- 2020-07-02FATMAP: Hike, Bike, Ski Trails - 3D Outdoor Maps